martes, 2 de junio de 2015

Weekend recap: Mother's Day Celebration

A lot of randomness happened this weekend. I just want to say it was probably the best low key-enjoyable-non stressful mom day celebration I had that I can remember. It was the perfect weekend for me and I got to enjoy the simplicity of life while receiving LOTS of affection #win :)

Starting on Friday night I decided to take the girls out for a quick dinner. They chose McDonalds because of the playground of course. We got there and ate dinner while they were cleaning out a recently finished birthday celebration and then I sat down while they did a lot of this:


 
Yes, you can barely see them because they were NON STOP for about 45 minutes there. But the place was really quiet and I let them play for long in hopes of getting them bathed and right into bed when we got home.
 
We had a rested night :)
 
I woke up on Saturday and found Emily playing in the kitchen floor with her barbies ... Can't say how much I love to see them being little girls... I am soaking up as much as I can these little moments because I know they will go faaaaasstttt!!! <3
 
 
Then I quickly headed out to meet with sweet friends for breakfast as a mothers day treat. We chatted, giggled and enjoyed coffee and hot chocolate like nobody's business. These girls have a small piece of my heart and I am blessed to count them as friends.
 
When I got home the girls were ready to go to Abuela's house for lunch. I am letting them choose their clothes on their own on Saturdays and this is what I got for this day:
 

 
Lia was so proud to show the back of her shirt. She said it was fun like her! Emily wanted to wear a sweater because it was cloudy and looked like it was going to rain anytime.
 
After lunch we ran some errands and visited a place in our search of the perfect summer camp for the girls. We also quickly met the new medical office from my brother and sister in law, hit a bazar where I may or may not spent some money on handmade bracelets that I looooooooooved (for me and the girls)
 
And while going around, we spotted the girls first school -like their when they were babies school- They remember Teacher Amanda so much and loved her tons! they stepped on the fenced door and started talking about all they did while there... It was beautiful seeing them being little for a second again :)
 
 
Saturday night we left the girls home and headed out with the family to try a new place for dinner. Le Placette is a small lounge bar restaurant in an open patio with simple décor yet beautiful ambiance.
We had drinks and dinner was delicious. They also had live music and I loved the selection of -jazz like- songs. The singer was nice as well.
 
 
And then on Sunday it was the actual mother's day celebration. Pablo and the girls surprised me with breakfast in bed and beautiful flowers!!!
 

 

Then I took the girls with me to the Hair Salon and they did their hair and nails with me :)
I really love to share girly moments like this with them :)



In the afternoon we had lunch at Mama's house. I took my mom and Alina with me and shared with my in-laws for a great while... After lunch we headed home, had some rest and went for the mass of 6:30pm. A perfect way to end this peaceful weekend.
Our church gave presents for mother's day. It is a beautiful Rosario de la Madre Maria. Simply Perfect!


 
I can not say enough how blessed I am for being the mother of Emily and Lia. They are definitively an improved version of me and Pablo! I celebrate the joy of being called mom everyday! and the joy of having such amazing role models in my life that I can refer to! My mom, aunt, sister, mother in law... and some dearest friends... I am thankful for them all.
 
EGB
 


No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario