jueves, 28 de mayo de 2015

Mothers Day Celebration: Preschool Edition

Today was Lia's classroom presentation for Mother's Day Celebration at her school. They made an activity called Excellence Fair where each group had to learn from a topic (for about a month) and end the learning journey by doing a presentation for all the parents to see, while honoring the Mothers Day celebration at the same time.

In Lia's classroom (Nursery 2) the topic selected was The Very Hungry Caterpillar Book by Eric Carle.



I really loved this book and the idea of choosing it for the presentation. It shows in a very simple and entertaining way how a caterpillar ends up being a beautiful butterfly. It's very didactic as well and I thought it was the perfect story for this classroom of preschoolers.


The children were dressed with a Caterpillar T-shirt and some bug antennas made by the teachers. They looked adorable!

 
 
There was even one of the little boys dressed as a caterpillar #diedoflove and other of the girls was a butterfly #socute



Emily came over from her classroom to watch the presentation with me... I snagged a selfie with my two girls while they were shining and smiling :)


And then.... this happened... A couple of Lia's classmates wanted a selfie with me as well!!! I thought this was hysterical and quickly obliged!!!



These tiny little personas are so sweet I can't even describe <3

Then they made a presentation where they said the caterpillar story and sang a caterpillar song... At this point I was totally teary eyed and couldn't close my smile :) #mommawassoproud




At the end of the presentation Lia gave me some gifts they did themselves with the help of their teachers. One jar with a small caterpillar inside and one cookie decorated as an apple. She ate the cookie of course... I found the souvenir so cute! Its a very nice detail and sweet as the story is.


Lia was so proud of her performance, and I was happy to see her concentrated on doing her best. I am happy she is learning and growing so much! And I am proud to be her mom.

Mother's day celebrations started today! I am up for a full weekend of remembering how special it is for me to be Emily, Lia and D's mom. And for that, I will be forever thankful!  

EGB


No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario